4 Reasons for why we raise chicken on the grass!
Chickens are out on grass!
I sure do love this time of year with all the tender beautiful green grass! I don’t think I would appreciate it as much if the grass didn’t die off in the winter.
The chicks also love it! They get to eat tasty bugs and lounge in the sun or when that gets too warm for them, they move into the shade. It’s quite the life they get to live!
Here are 4 reasons we raise our chickens on pasture!
- Natural Diet: Chickens are omnivorous and their natural diet includes not only grains, but also insects, worms, seeds, and green plants. Grass is a rich source of essential nutrients such as vitamins, minerals, and chlorophyll, which can contribute to the overall health and well-being of chickens. Raising chickens on grass allows them to fulfill their natural dietary needs.
- Exercise and Enrichment: Our chickens have access to grass and engage in natural behaviors such as pecking, scratching, and foraging. This encourages physical exercise and mental stimulation, which reduces stress and improve overall welfare.
- Fresh Air and Sunlight: Our chickens have the opportunity to breathe fresh air and bask in natural sunlight, which can improve their respiratory health and boost their immune system. Sunlight is also a natural source of vitamin D, which is important for calcium metabolism and bone health in chickens.
- Reduced Stress and Disease Risk: Our chickens are given plenty of room to roam! This helps reduce stress, overcrowding, and the spread of diseases commonly associated with intensive confinement systems.
- Bonus reason! The meat taste incredibly better! If you ever doubt that how an animal is raised makes a difference on the taste and quality of the meat…try our chicken. It will knock your socks off!
In a few weeks we will have all our chicken cuts back in stock and we can’t wait! If your not already signed up for our email newsletter, that is where you’ll want to be to get the goods!