Smoked Timber Raised Pork Spare Ribs
These are Cameron famous smoked ribs, he learned how to do these when he lived in Utah. These were the first thing I think Cameron ever made for me. Everyone in the neighborhood loves them. They are very simple and delicious!
- Cameron likes to peel the thin layer of membrane off the back of the ribs, this is optional.
- Cover the ribs with your favorite BBQ rub. We use a mixture of Brown Sugar, Salt, Smoked Paprika, Garlic Powder, and little Cayenne Pepper.
- Smoke the Ribs for 1.5-2 hours. We have a Trager and it smokes them at around 150-180 degrees.
- Pull the ribs off, spread applesauce on them, then sprinkle with brown sugar. Then wrap them in 3 layers of aluminum foil to prevent any leaks and air getting to the ribs.
- Turn smoker up to 225 for 3-4 hours.
- Add BBQ sauce of choice and enjoy!
We love to eat these leftover as pork sandwiches or nachos. The rib meat really is delicious and tender! I would recommend 1 rack per hungry person because once you get started on these it is hard to stop.