Chicken and Dumplings Recipe
A tried and true recipe to share with you!
You know I only share the recipes that are Cameron approved, because you can pretty much garruntee that if Cameron likes them, the pickiest eater in your family will too!
Ingredients for Soup
2lbs CJW Chicken (this can be a whole chicken, chicken breast, legs, thighs, leg quarters. You name it, it will work and be amazing!)
1 large Onion
4 garlic cloves
2 med carrots
2 celery stalks
4c Chicken Bone Broth (Homemade CJW Chicken broth is the best!)
1c whole milk or half and half
- Cook your chicken in your preferred method. On the grill, smoked, in the oven, on the stovetop. Really doesn’t matter! Just make sure you season it with a little salt and parsley are my go tos!
- Dice your onions, garlic, carrots and celery.
- Add them to a 6q Dutch oven with 2-3T butter to sauté for a few minutes.
- Add the flour, mix until everything is coated well and let cook another few minutes.
- Slowly add in your bone broth then your milk until everything is mixed well and let it simmer.
- Move onto making dumplings.
Ingredients for Dumplings
2t baking powder
1/2t baking soda
1t garlic powder
3/4c sour cream (I make this by pulling fresh cream off my raw milk and adding a little vinegar and letting sit a couple min)
1/4c cold milk
4T melter butter
- Mix the dry ingredients together
- Add wet ingredients
- Mix until it makes a soft and sticky dough.
Put it all together
- Now you should have a simmering soup and tasty dough waiting for you.
- Drop the dough into the soup in about 1/3c size drops.
- Put the lid on and let the soup simmer for about 15min until the dumplings are cooked.